In the News: DC
TrackMaven has officially launched after raising $1.25M from AOL Ventures and a group of angel investors. The startup develops software that helps companies easily organize and track their competitors’ marketing efforts. Source: Potomac Tech Wire
Acceleprise has announced their 3rd class of enterprise-focused startups:
- Apozy: develops a gamified security awareness product
- Aprefis: combines pricing, revenue management, and game theory with big data to find optimal prices for products and services.
- Helpjuice: knowledge-based tool helps companies save millions in customer support by providing customers with instant answers to questions.
- ResolutionTube: combines a remote troubleshooting platform with a social knowledge management platform.
- DivvyCloud: helps companies optimize, simplify, and control their cloud-based IT infrastructure.
- LiveRe: makes it easy for brands, marketers, and online media to bring engaging, social experiences to websites.
- WorkAmerica: partners with companies to develop and implement customized employee training programs.
- Encore: helps brands effectively collect, manage, and repurpose customer-generated content.
- PointWorthy: Allows loyalty reward plan members to donate loyalty points to any charity of their choice.
Source: Washington Business Journal
In the News: Maryland
React Labs has landed $100,000 in funding from the Maryland Innovation Initiative. Founded by University of Maryland professor Philip Resnik, the startup’s mobile app facilitates real-time polling during live and televised events. Source: PRNewswire
In the News: Virginia
Canvas Solutions has raised $4M from Osage Venture Partners and other investors. Their DIY-app builder kit allows users to re-create paper forms on a smart phone or tablet. Source: Washington Business Journal
Got news? Great – send it to us – email@example.com